For All Ages and Stages
From youth to adult, beginner to novice, orchestra to electric guitar - we have teachers to fit every playing ability and learning style. Our music teachers tailor a lesson plan to each individual student, offering a personalized approach to music development.
Why Heid Music?
• We select our teachers based on their musicianship, education and their passion for teaching.
• All teachers go through an annual background check.
• We offer private studios, fully equipped with the essentials for your instrument of choice
• Students receive special discounts, scholarship opportunities, exclusive live music invites, in-store clinics and much more
The Proven Benefits of Studying Music
• Increases empathy and respect for other cultures and languages
• Improves discipline and capacity to work in a team
• Provides a means of self-expression, increasing self-esteem
• Decreases anxiety, aggression, chronic pain, and depression
• Music is the only activity that simultaneously uses both sides of the brain
• Improves problem solving both academically and socially
• Musicians have been shown to hold higher grade point averages (GPA) than non-musicians in the same school.
• Learning an instrument can even increase IQ by seven points in both children and adults, according to researchers.
Registration information here.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up?
Visit or call a store near you to speak with a Music Enthusiast. Or email Education@HeidMusic.com.
What is the cost?
Heid Music students pay a one-time registration fee of $25 ($15 for the second family member, $10 per additional family member). This fee is non-refundable and qualifies students for discounts.
Our teachers set their own lesson rates, approximately $20-$30/lesson. Payments are made directly to the teacher.
How long are lessons?
Lessons are typically scheduled for 30-minute time slots once a week.
Where are lessons held?
Lessons studios are located within each of our five Heid Music locations.
Do I need my own instrument?
Yes, all students are expected to bring their own instrument to lessons (except piano and drums).
How do I select a teacher?
You can view pictures and biographies of our current teachers by selecting a location on the left. Or email Education@HeidMusic.com for more details about teacher availability, scheduling and recommendations.
Help Us Honor Our Teachers!
Is your Heid Music teacher awesome? Let us know!
VOTE the best of the best for teacher of the year.
Votes* must be cast by December 20, 2018.
*One nomination per student or parent.
2013 - Jason Busse 2014 - Katie DeNure 2015 - Rin Ribble & Dawn Koepp
2016 - John Vitale 2017 - Matt Gieseke