Lessons For All Ages & Stages
From youth to adult, beginner to novice, orchestra to electric guitar - we have teachers to fit every playing ability and learning style. Our music teachers tailor a lesson plan to each individual student, offering a personalized approach to music development.
Why Music Lessons from Heid ?
• We select our teachers based on their musicianship, education and their passion for teaching.
• All teachers go through an annual background check.
• We offer private studios, fully equipped with the essentials for your instrument of choice
• Students receive special discounts, scholarship opportunities, exclusive live music invites, in-store clinics and much more
The Proven Benefits of Studying Music
• Increases empathy and respect for other cultures and languages
• Improves discipline and capacity to work in a team
• Provides a means of self-expression, increasing self-esteem
• Decreases anxiety, aggression, chronic pain, and depression
• Music is the only activity that simultaneously uses both sides of the brain
• Improves problem solving both academically and socially
• Musicians have been shown to hold higher grade point averages (GPA) than non-musicians in the same school.
• Learning an instrument can even increase IQ by seven points in both children and adults, according to researchers.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding our Lessons
How do I sign up? Visit or call a store near you to speak with a Music Enthusiast. Or email Education@HeidMusic.com.
What is the cost? Heid Music students pay a one-time registration fee of $25 ($15 for the second family member, $10 per additional family member). This fee is non-refundable and qualifies students for discounts. Our teachers set their own lesson rates, approximately $20-$30/lesson. Payments are made directly to the teacher.
How long are lessons? Lessons are typically scheduled for 30-minute time slots once a week.
Where are lessons held? Lessons studios are located within each of our five Heid Music locations.
Do I need my own instrument?Yes, all students are expected to bring their own instrument to lessons (except piano and drums).
How do I select a teacher? You can view pictures and biographies of our current teachers by selecting a location below. Or email Education@HeidMusic.com for more details about teacher availability, scheduling and recommendations.