Policies and Procedures
Heid Music Return Policy
Our utmost priority is your satisfaction with your purchase. Should you find any new product unsatisfactory, you have the option to return it within a reasonable timeframe from the shipping date (typically 7-14 days). You can choose a refund of the purchase price, an in-house credit, or exchange it for an alternative product. For items that qualified for free shipping, the shipping cost will be deducted from the credit or refund amount. Your contentment remains our top concern.
- All returns must be accompanied by a valid receipt or order #.
- Return Period
- 7 days for serialized product: Band Instruments, Guitars, Bass Guitars, Folk Instruments, Amplifiers, Speakers, PA Systems, microphones, Drums, Orchestra Instruments, Acoustic and Digital Pianos, and Keyboards.
- 14 days for accessories
- Online orders are calculated from the date the customer receives the order.
- Merchandise must be in like new condition in original packaging, with owner's manuals and accessories unused.
- Reeds (unless sealed in original box)
- Opened Software
- Airboards, Recorders, Tin Whistles, Jaw Harps, Nose Flutes, Harmonicas, Kazoos, In Ear Monitors (items not able to be fully sanitized)
- Clearance items, Red Tag items, and Consignment Sales
- Gift Cards
- Special Orders
- WSMA Solo & Ensemble Music
- Repair Parts
Cancelled special orders and layaways are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
- Refunds will be given in the form of original payment or store credit.
- Cash refunds over $50 will be in the form of a company check mailed to the customer’s home address.
- Payments by check will be refunded in the form of a company check 14 days after the original purchase mailed from the corporate office to the customer’s home address.
- Purchases made with credit card need to be refunded to the same credit card used at the time of purchase.
- Gift purchases made from November 1st to December 24th will be accepted until January 15th.
On HeidMusic.com, we keep it simple: If you are dissatisfied with your order, call us at (920)-734-1969 or email Info@HeidMusic.com within 14 days of receiving your merchandise to advise us of the issue you have. If you do not contact Heid Music regarding your merchandise issue within 14 days, the order will not be able to be returned.
If you think a product you received is defective, please call us at (920)-734-1969 within 14 days of receiving your merchandise, and we will attempt to address any concerns you have.
- The return process always begins with a call to Heid Music at (920)-734-1969 or an email to Info@HeidMusic.com. You will be responsible for all shipping and packing costs associated with returning any Heid Music merchandise. The Heid Music merchandise shall, at a minimum, be shipped in the same manner and condition in which it was shipped to you. If the merchandise is damaged during return shipping, you will be responsible for the damaged item. Heid Music will not accept damaged merchandise.
- All items returned must be returned in the condition they were sold in. All included accessories, manuals, and software must be returned unused. Incomplete returns may be denied and are subject to a re-stocking fee.
If your shipment appears to be damaged, please snap a picture of the unopened package where damage has occurred. Then open and inspect your order carefully. If your ordered product is damaged in any way, contact Heid Music immediately at (920)-734-1969.
If you have any return-related questions, please call us at (920)-734-1969 or email Info@HeidMusic.com.
Heid Music reserves the right to amend this return policy at any time and to deny the return of any item for any reason.
Updated August 8, 2023.
Heid Music collects your information for the purpose of bettering your online music retail experience with us.
- When you make a purchase, enter a contest, sign up for/interact with our emails, and/or register with HeidMusic.com, you will voluntarily submit information to us. That information is stored to make your future visits to HeidMusic.com more efficient. You are always provided the option of opting out of Heid Music’s communication loop (emails, newsletters, etc.) and/or having your registration information removed from our system. Such details may comprise your name, address, contact number, email, payment information, and billing address. By submitting the information to Heid Music online, you are allowing us to use the information. If you would like to place restrictions of the use of your information, you must contact Heid Music to notify us of such a directive in writing sent to the attention of HeidMusic.com.
- Telephone Conversations: To consistently improve our service quality, we may record or monitor telephone conversations for training purposes.
- Website Interaction Details: We gather and analyze technical data about your interactions with our website. This includes IP addresses, device identifiers, browser types, viewed content, clicked links, geographical locations, and visit times. These insights help us enhance your browsing experience.
- Google Analytics: We utilize Google Analytics to assess website usage for internal evaluation. For information on how Google Analytics manages data, refer to "How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps" at the provided link.
- Cookies: Similar to many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and personalize interactions with our site. Cookies store and retrieve information about your actions, like items in your cart or wishlist. These text files help us recognize you during subsequent visits and improve our products and services. You can manage cookies in your browser settings, though this may impact site accessibility.
- Email and Contact Forms: Any information submitted via email or our site forms is collected and used to provide our services. We may also track email interactions, such as opened messages and clicked links.
- Fraud Prevention: To safeguard customers, the public, and our business from risks and fraudulent activities, we may collect personal data for prevention and detection purposes.
- Browsing Information: Heid Music will routinely collect and analyze customer browsing patterns and interactions with HeidMusic.com in an effort to increase our website’s accessibility. This may include, but is not limited to, browser information, link interaction, and page views.
While it is not our intended purpose at this time, Heid Music reserves the right to share your information with Third Parties. If you do not want Heid Music to share your information with Third Parties, you must notify Heid Music in writing sent to the attention of Info@HeidMusic.com.
With HeidMusic.com, we strive to provide you with a complete musical resource. This includes providing you with links to outside resources to help enrich your musical experience. We will never knowingly provide a link to a website of questionable character but do understand Heid Music is not responsible for the practices or content of any other websites.
For our protection, we do reserve the right to make changes to improve this policy. Any changes will be posted on our site.
Updated August 8, 2023.
Heid Music Price Match Policy
Please review the following guidelines for our price match policy:
- The product in question must be the exact model number and include all manufacturer-supplied accessories.
- The product must be in stock for immediate purchase, such as physically being able to be added to the cart on a web order with confirmed stock. The price must be listed and valid at the time of the match.
- The company selling the product must be a verified, authorized dealer, not a resale shop, independent seller or other.
- All pricing must be in U.S. Dollars.
- The product must be factory new. Not used, refurbished, floor model, clearance, etc.
- If trying to price match a bundled good, the bundle must have all the exact same items for the price to be matched.
- Price matches cannot be combined with any Heid Music specials including, but not limited to: coupons, Heid Bucks, financing or rent credit.
- Exclusions: Pricing due to typographical errors, competitor lightning sales (including Amazon Prime), loyalty cards, gift card offers, free items, rebates or mail-in offers.
- Competitor’s coupons are accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- Competitor shipping rates will be calculated into the overall matched price. For example, if competitor charges $25 for shipping and the shipping at Heid Music is free, $25 will be added to the selling price to calculate the price match. We match the total overall price.
- Heid Music can decline any price match request for any reason.
- Services, warranties and taxes are not eligible for a price match.
- Heid Music reserves the right to limit quantities on price-match products, especially if the other retailer has a set limit.
Coupons offered by Heid Music have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash in excess of ticket value. Coupons are good for one-time use and only one coupon is allowed per customer, per transaction.
Not valid with other discounts or institutional purchases, special orders or previous transactions.
Excludes method & contest music, bundles, keyboards, imports, clearance, consignments, gift cards, lessons, repairs, rentals, select band instruments and keyboards.
Other exclusions may apply.
Free Shipping Policy
- Free Shipping available on most orders over $49
- Free shipping available only in the continental 48 states. Orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico do not qualify.
- Free shipping to APO or FPO addresses is via the United States Postal Service.
- Delivery times typically range from 2-7 days, depending on the destination.
- Oversized items or heavier items are excluded from free shipping. This includes Amps, Drum sets, Keyboards, Keyboard Bundles, Pianos, Cellos, Harps and Upright Basses.
- If an item is returned, the cost of shipping is deducted from any refund or credit.
- Free shipping may not be combined with other offers or discounts.
Heid Music Co. will not tolerate the use of the Site to propagate materials deemed obscene, ethnically offensive, pornographic, hateful, or knowingly harmful to anyone, especially children. In addition, providing falsified information knowingly to the Site is strictly prohibited. Certain areas of HeidMusic.com are protected and/or limited access in nature. Attempting to grant unauthorized access to said areas is prohibited. Heid Music Co. reserves the right to remove any material from the Site at any point in time for whatever reason.
With the exception of public domain content, all content provided on HeidMusic.com including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software is copyrighted, trademarked, or otherwise protected by Heid Music Co. or one of its affiliates. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Heid Music Co. The Site, in its entirety, is protected under United States copyright laws as a collective work. By using this site you agree to not copy, republish, reproduce, or in any way redistribute content located on or within the site in a manner deemed outside the realm of regular consumer activity, at the discretion of Heid Music Co. Any use of Site content, trademarks, logos, or protected materials (including use of Heid Music Co. protected content as meta tags for non-affiliated sites) without expressed written consent from Heid Music Co. is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, by using the Site, you agree to not negatively manipulate or impair the accessibility of the Site through the use of viruses, data mining, Trojan Horses, and the like.
With all content submitted to the site, unless indicated otherwise, you are granting Heid Music Co. and its affiliated entities a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display such content throughout the world in any media. Furthermore, you grant Heid Music Co. the right to use the name you submit in connection with such content, if they so choose. You further represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post, that the content is accurate, that the use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity, and that you will indemnify Heid Music Co. from all claims resulting from the content that you supply. Heid Music Co. has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor and edit any activity or content. Heid Music Co. assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Product & Pricing Accuracy
Heid Music Co. makes every effort to ensure pricing and product information is as up-to-date as possible. However, due to the ever-changing nature of pricing and product information, Heid Music Co. does not warrant or guarantee the complete accuracy of such information. Heid Music Co. reserves the right to change, update, or edit product and pricing information at any time, without notice. Furthermore, a posted price on this website does not guarantee that said product or service is available or available at the stated or published price. Heid Music Co. and its suppliers assume no responsibility for typographic errors or inaccuracies. In the event that the wrong price is posted on a product or service, Heid Music Co. is under no obligation to honor the price posted on the Site for product or service at said price. Furthermore, in the event that the Site misstates the availability of a product or service, Heid Music Co. shall be under no obligation to honor such an order.
Third Party Links & References
Through the Site, Heid Music Co. may provide hyperlinks to other web sites and Internet resources operated by parties other than Heid Music Co. Heid Music Co. has no control over such sites and resources or their privacy policies. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. The inclusion of hyperlinks to such web sites does not imply any sponsorship, affiliation, joint venture or endorsement of the material on such websites or with their operators. Any communications you have through the Site with any third party is strictly between you and that third party. Any complaints, concerns or questions you may have relating to materials provided by third parties, not relating to Heid Music Co. should be forwarded directly to the third party as Heid Music assumes no responsibility for such sites or the operators of same.
Your use of this HeidMusic.com is at your own risk. This site (including all content and functions made available or accessed through this site) is provided "as is." To the fullest extent permitted by law, Heid Music Co. makes no representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever about the (1) accuracy, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of any content published on or made available through this site, or (2) that the server that makes this site available is free of viruses or other components that may infect, harm, or cause damage to your computer equipment or any other property when you access, browse, download from, or otherwise use this site.
Under no circumstances, including but not limited to Heid Music’s negligence, shall Heid Music Co. be liable for any consequential, compensatory, incidental, indirect, punitive or special damages related to (a) the use of the site, (b) the inability to use the site, or (c) errors or omissions in the content and functions of the site, even if Heid Music or any authorized representative thereof has been advised of the possibility of such damages. You shall assume the entire cost of necessary servicing, repair or correction. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In no event shall Heid Music owe total liability to you for damages, losses or causes of action (whether in contract, warranty, or tort, including but not limited to, negligence or otherwise), exceed $100.00.
Limitation of Liability
Except where prohibited by law, in no event should Heid Music Co. be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, compensatory or punitive damages for use of this site or any other hyperlinked web sites including, without limitation, lost profits or revenues, costs of replacement, business interruptions, loss of data or damages resulting from use of or reliance on the information present, even if Heid Music is expressly advised about the possibility of such damages. Liability limitations are not permitted in certain jurisdictions, in which case, the aforementioned limitations may not apply to you.
Complaints, Questions, & Concerns
308 E College Ave
Appleton, WI 54911